White Meat
Yea! It's Thanksgiving! So, beyond eating too much (a few times today I expect), I figured I ought to take some time to reflect on the things I'm thankful for...
- Being Alive. Easy one, right? Yeah, being dead would suck, not that I've ever asked anyone, I'm just drawing on my own assumptions here.
- My wife. As crazy as she drives me most of the time, I suspect I deserve (and enjoy) it.
- Living in Colorado and doing what I do professionally. Not a lot of people can live the dream in such a wonderful state.
- Being Alive. Yeah, I mentioned this before, but it's a pretty big deal. I also think there's a difference between living and Being Alive. Make the most of your time. Surprise yourself. Push beyond.
- Candy and Ice Cream
- An amazing assortment of friends - old, new, reckless and grounding. I'm pretty damn lucky.
- Mi Familia - even if you could choose your family, I'd probably keep most of mine.
- Running - It's a privilege to have the ability to run - I know so many people who cannot; that I feel a certain responsibility to do it as long as I can. Plus, there are few things that feel better than accomplishing something you once thought you couldn't do.
- Trivia
- Good comedy. People have said good comedy is like good sex. It's also been said that sex with me is good comedy. (sorry if you got a visual, I was just hoping to give you a laugh)
- Learning from others. The people I've met in my life who've taught me to never take a day with good health for granted are treasured.
- The opportunity to be pool-side in Vegas as well as enjoy a good day in the mountains.
- Lost. Reruns of Arrested Development. A matinee at the movies. The NFL and fantasy football.
- Homestyle spaghetti from Romano's.
- PBR and Guiness - could two things be any more different and yet so wonderful?
I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out, but hopefully some of these things resonated with you and gave you a moment to reflect. We don't do that nearly enough. Good thing there's a holiday for it.
Peace out.
- Being Alive. Easy one, right? Yeah, being dead would suck, not that I've ever asked anyone, I'm just drawing on my own assumptions here.
- My wife. As crazy as she drives me most of the time, I suspect I deserve (and enjoy) it.
- Living in Colorado and doing what I do professionally. Not a lot of people can live the dream in such a wonderful state.
- Being Alive. Yeah, I mentioned this before, but it's a pretty big deal. I also think there's a difference between living and Being Alive. Make the most of your time. Surprise yourself. Push beyond.
- Candy and Ice Cream
- An amazing assortment of friends - old, new, reckless and grounding. I'm pretty damn lucky.
- Mi Familia - even if you could choose your family, I'd probably keep most of mine.
- Running - It's a privilege to have the ability to run - I know so many people who cannot; that I feel a certain responsibility to do it as long as I can. Plus, there are few things that feel better than accomplishing something you once thought you couldn't do.
- Trivia
- Good comedy. People have said good comedy is like good sex. It's also been said that sex with me is good comedy. (sorry if you got a visual, I was just hoping to give you a laugh)
- Learning from others. The people I've met in my life who've taught me to never take a day with good health for granted are treasured.
- The opportunity to be pool-side in Vegas as well as enjoy a good day in the mountains.
- Lost. Reruns of Arrested Development. A matinee at the movies. The NFL and fantasy football.
- Homestyle spaghetti from Romano's.
- PBR and Guiness - could two things be any more different and yet so wonderful?
I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out, but hopefully some of these things resonated with you and gave you a moment to reflect. We don't do that nearly enough. Good thing there's a holiday for it.
Peace out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home