SUPER SUNDAY!!!
Yea! It’s SuperBowl Sunday (hope the NFL doesn’t mind me using the trademarked name of the game on this, but saying there’s a ‘Big Game’ on TV today just doesn’t have the same impact.)
That said, here are some actual celebrity predictions (courtesy of The Rocky Mountain News) for the game followed by my pick.
Haley Joel Osment has picked the winner of the last 7 SuperBowls. He likes the Colts. Seems like he should be focusing more on picking decent scripts than on football game winners.
Sylvester Stallone – Colts. Problem is he thinks Johnny Unitis is the quarterback and they still play in Baltimore.
Sen. John Kerry – D- Mass. – Likes the Colts, but tomorrow he’ll qualify that while he voted in favor of the Colts he supported the Bears.
Al Franken – Bears. Bill O’Reilly – Colts. Hard to believe these two are disagreeing about this.
Pat Robertson / Jerry Falwell – both pick the Colts. I can’t think of anything they’ve ever been right about, so surely it’ll be the Bears, right?
Dionne Warwick – Colts. Look, she ran the Psychic Friends Network, how could she be wrong?
Duane Chapman “Dog” The Bounty Hunter – Bears. Sadly, eventually he'll be tracking one down for jumping bail.
Carrot Top – Colts. He just scares me.
Dawn Wells (Mary Ann), Russell Johnson (The Professor), Barry Williams (Greg Brady), Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) – all pick Colts. Mrs. Brady always had good advice, but that has to be cancelled out by Greg’s whole ‘Johnny Bravo’ phase. Then you have the Professor who was kind of a mental moron with his inability to invent anything useful for Gilligan and the gang; but Mary Ann could make a mean coconut cream pie, and Dawn Wells is still quite attractive. Hard to discount any of these picks.
Pino – keep in mind I haven’t picked a SuperBowl winner in years. Yeah, I took the Raiders over the Buccaneers which, in hindsight, was probably the easiest SuperBowl ever to pick. However, this year I think the Colts getting 7 points is indicative of perception that the Colts will dominate the game. Vegas sets this line to get the easy money from all the Colts fans who think this win is obvious. The Colts have a terrific offense, but I always grew up being told that ‘defenses win championships’ and a ‘good defense beats a good offense’. Therefore, I like the Bears with or without the 7 points. They’ll definitely come within 7, but I expect them to win outright. Bears by 4. Hurry up, run to your bookie and put it all on the Colts.
That said, here are some actual celebrity predictions (courtesy of The Rocky Mountain News) for the game followed by my pick.
Haley Joel Osment has picked the winner of the last 7 SuperBowls. He likes the Colts. Seems like he should be focusing more on picking decent scripts than on football game winners.
Sylvester Stallone – Colts. Problem is he thinks Johnny Unitis is the quarterback and they still play in Baltimore.
Sen. John Kerry – D- Mass. – Likes the Colts, but tomorrow he’ll qualify that while he voted in favor of the Colts he supported the Bears.
Al Franken – Bears. Bill O’Reilly – Colts. Hard to believe these two are disagreeing about this.
Pat Robertson / Jerry Falwell – both pick the Colts. I can’t think of anything they’ve ever been right about, so surely it’ll be the Bears, right?
Dionne Warwick – Colts. Look, she ran the Psychic Friends Network, how could she be wrong?
Duane Chapman “Dog” The Bounty Hunter – Bears. Sadly, eventually he'll be tracking one down for jumping bail.
Carrot Top – Colts. He just scares me.
Dawn Wells (Mary Ann), Russell Johnson (The Professor), Barry Williams (Greg Brady), Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) – all pick Colts. Mrs. Brady always had good advice, but that has to be cancelled out by Greg’s whole ‘Johnny Bravo’ phase. Then you have the Professor who was kind of a mental moron with his inability to invent anything useful for Gilligan and the gang; but Mary Ann could make a mean coconut cream pie, and Dawn Wells is still quite attractive. Hard to discount any of these picks.
Pino – keep in mind I haven’t picked a SuperBowl winner in years. Yeah, I took the Raiders over the Buccaneers which, in hindsight, was probably the easiest SuperBowl ever to pick. However, this year I think the Colts getting 7 points is indicative of perception that the Colts will dominate the game. Vegas sets this line to get the easy money from all the Colts fans who think this win is obvious. The Colts have a terrific offense, but I always grew up being told that ‘defenses win championships’ and a ‘good defense beats a good offense’. Therefore, I like the Bears with or without the 7 points. They’ll definitely come within 7, but I expect them to win outright. Bears by 4. Hurry up, run to your bookie and put it all on the Colts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home