Wednesday, February 14, 2007

More CNN QuickPoll

My love for the CNN QuickPoll had a startling development the past couple days.
On February 13, the poll question appeared (something to the effect): When given the choice do you buy American made products over foreign?
Well, I had to vote 'no' because of one thing - my car. Really how often do you see products side-by-side where one is made in the U.S. and one is made elsewhere? Immediately I considered automobiles, and I love Hondas, Mazdas and Toyotas and my current car is a Subaru. And surely I see more Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas and Subarus on the road than I see Ford, Chevy or Dodge. 'This should be about a 50%/50% split at the very least', I thought.
The poll result? It was something like 78% 'yes' and 22% 'no'. How can that be?

Today, February 14, is when it gets good. the CNN QuickPollers threw this one out to the legions: Do you own an American made car? YES! They did it! The CNN QuickPollers shot out the middle-finger to the QuickPoll audience. I knew immediately what they were getting at, and the results may astound you... it was about 50%/50% muthafucka!!!

After expelling a maniacal 'Ahhhhh Haaaa!' from behind my laptop, I got to thinking... are we really this proud? (By 'we' I meant fellow CNN QuickPoll respondents). There's about a third of us so nationalistic we don't even realize the things of which we don't support the USA. These CNN QuickPolls revealed that we think we're good, supportive Americans, but we aren't. Unless, of course, some folks lied about their QuickPoll answer. Yeah, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home