Sunday, April 01, 2007

Things That Suck

Appropriately, I have to start this post with Me. Basically, it's been forever since I've posted anything. It almost feels like going to confession (though I've never done that, so I can only guess that this is how it feels) where you've put off doing something you know you should do and the more you put it off, the more you feel you have to make up for. So, I suck.

Pennies also suck. I hate those bastards and I wish everything would just get rounded up or down to the nearest nickel. When I share this opinion with people I get the strangest looks - as if people actually enjoy or do something with their pennies. I suppose one day I may be in tragic need of a penny, but I get the feeling that the homeless people I see begging for change on the side of the road get a little pissy when they receive pennies. Sure it's U.S. currency, but most of them can barely keep their pants up without having them weighted down by a pocketful of pennies.

I think this 'forever' stamp might suck. I think the idea is pretty good, I mean I get all fucked up when they raise postage and I have to go looking for those damn three-cent stamps that Marge Gunderson's husband designed. At this very moment, I'm not even sure what postage costs and yet within arm's reach is a pack of stamps that say 'First Class' and that's about it - they couldn't even print these fuckers with an amount? So, the 'forever' stamp is the answer to this b.s., but why do I have the sneaking suspicion that this idea won't last? Add to that the stupid branding of calling these things 'forever' and I'm even more skeptical. I know my mailing habits have decreased significantly thanks to the Internets. I'm pretty sure the only thing that winds up in my mailbox these days is junk mail and the only things I send out are Netflix movies. So when it's time to send a friend or relative a check for a charity fundraising effort, there I am trying to figure out which fucking stamp to put on the envelop. I ultimately wind up putting two or three on just to make sure the letter doesn't get returned to me.

There's so much else that sucks right now, but maybe it's not terribly effective to gripe about all these things. Besides, I finally found the Dark Chocolate Snickers bar, and now things don't suck so badly.

Peace Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home